Applications for guest artists have now closed. The Committee will consider applications received (we’ve had 90 for 2017) and will respond to applicants over March/April.
The following notes are provided as guidance for applicants:
- We sell about 800 tickets a year and have a budget of under $80,000 for any festival, most of which is for the hire of our site, marquees, stages and sound. You need to ensure that the fee you request recognizes these limitations.
- The festival is participatory. We require guests to be on site for the whole of the weekend – from Friday evening through to the end of the final concert on Sunday evening – and to take an active part in the festival apart from their booked performances.
- Accommodation for guests is in shared bunkrooms – there are no private rooms available.
- Your fee needs to include all of your costs, including performance fees, travel and meals. It must be in $NZ, excluding GST.
- All communications with the applicants will be via the festival email account – firstname.lastname@example.org.