Holly Downes has just advised that her bass master class is not confined to double bassists but will also cover material useful to bass guitarists!
It’s going to be another great festival and we can’t wait to see you there!
The application closing date for the Joan Prior Award has been extended to 8 October 2018.
If you know of a young performer – 15 to 25 years and living in the wider Wellington region – please let them know. Applications can be made here.
- more information on the Masterclasses on Monday – what people attending these can learn from the expert presenters
- a downloadable copy of the programme for the weekend so you can see how much there is to do, see and learn
- additional information on our workshops programme
- a list of the stalls appearing on Village Green.
Remember that the Early Bird discounts expire on 30 September – to get them you must book and pay before midnight on the 30th.
To give you some additional reasons for coming to the Festival we have just added to the website pages covering:
- dances at the Festival – this year there will be two!
- our extended youth programme for this year – three additional workshops and an extra concert
- this year’s programme of (mostly) music and dance workshops
- other events at the festival.
Some details have yet to come in from the presenters and we will be adding to these pages as more information becomes available.
We’ve had several enquiries about whether or not bunks are still available – yes, they are!
If you want to come to the Festival but have been looking at the tent and wondering if it’s still warm, cosy and waterproof or not, you don’t need to worry – there are still dry, waterproof and comfy bunks available for the weekend.
See the Ticketing page for costs and the link to the booking system.
There’s a special opportunity for Festival goers this year – two and a half hour instrumental masterclasses on the Monday morning with three of our international guests:
- Harp – Máire Ní Chathasaigh
- Guitar – Chris Newman
- Double Bass – Holly Downes
This is your opportunity to be personally tutored by expert professional musicians. Classes are strictly limited to a maximum of 20 tickets to ensure that those attending get the maximum from the class. Don’t miss your chance – book online through the ticketing page.